WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10 exciting places to live in New York, according to a report by Movoto.
Six other Westchester locales were also among the 62 locales that were ranked.
Port Chester's music venues including the Capitol Theatre, restaurants such as Tarry Lodge, its famous residents including Ed Sullivan and its young people ages 18 to 34, who make up more than 28 percent of its residents make for an exciting place to live and the No. 3 overall ranking, according to the report.
Ithaca ranks No. 1 overall, ahead of New York City, which checks in at No. 2. The rankings were confined with locations with populations of more than 25,000. All told, 62 locales were ranked.
Others from Westchester to be ranked were: White Plains at 11, Ossining at 15, New Rochelle at 22, Harrison at 30, Mount Vernon at 35 and Yonkers at 37.
To view the full list of top 10 exciting places to live in New York and the eight criteria used in making the selections, click here.
- 1 New Mobile Browser Is Worst Nightmare For Google
- 2 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Some Westchester Towns Rank High For Millennial Job Seekers
- 5 Clintons Make First Joint Public Appearance Since Hillary Enters Race