MILLWOOD, N.Y. -- On Saturday, May 7, Northern Westchester Hospital (NWH) and Phelps Hospital will host the Millwood Community Health Fair at Millwood Plaza -- site of the former A&P -- from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The health fair is the result of cooperation between the Town of New Castle and the two regional hospitals. Since A&P's departure from the Millwood Plaza, some neighboring store owners have felt the pinch with the loss of their anchor tenant. By partnering with community institutions such as NWH and Phelps, the Town of New Castle has brought events to the shopping center on the weekends, give tenants a shot in the arm and turning negative into positive.
Robert Greenstein, Supervisor for the Town of New Castle, is grateful for the participation of Northern Westchester Hospital and Phelps Hospital. “We’re lucky to have such high-quality facilities in our community. If we can support our local businesses and facilitate community health and wellness at the same time, it’s a win for everyone."
Highlights of Saturday's fair include:
- Phelps Executive Chef “Joe” serving up healthy cooking demos, tastings, and nutrition activities
- Taste one of NWH’s refreshing Centennial Smoothies
- Ask the Dietician! Tips on nutrition and exercise
- Put a spring in your step! Learn about posture, balance, injury prevention, strength and flexibility from an NWH physical therapist
- Blood pressure screenings and tobacco cessation guidance
- Q&A with NWH Clinical Breast Specialist
- Raffle tickets for surprise give-away and so much more!