MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- The holidays can be a stressful time for those with elderly or ill loved ones. Here are some tips that you may find helpful while your loved one is in the hospital during the holidays. Remember for safety reasons, it’s very important to check with hospital staff before you bring any items into the hospital room.
1) Bring small gifts to your family member if they are well enough to un-wrap the item.
2) Bring something pleasant and safe as a decoration for their hospital room.
3) Bring in some comforts of home, such as your loved one’s favorite pajamas, blankets or pillow.
4) Deliver their favorite snacks or holiday food that fits within any dietary restrictions.
5) If you think it will raise their spirits, assemble a photo album of pictures from previous holidays.
6) If religious, bring in a recording of a religious service, or watch one on television.
7) Play some holiday music or watch a favorite holiday movie together.
8) If family is unable to visit, reach out to the volunteer department for visitors.
For gift ideas and more, continue reading the full blog post via NWH here .