WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Westchester County is home to six billionaires, according to the annual list published by Forbes.
Katonah resident and hedge fund manager George Soros topped the list of the county's richest with a net worth of $19.2 billion. Soros is the 16th-richest person in the United States and the 30th-richest person in the world, according to the list.
Daniel Och, chair and CEO of Och-Ziff Capital Management Group and an Ardsley resident, has a net worth of $2.9 billion.
Sleepy Hollow resident David Rockefeller Sr., of Standard Oil has a net worth of $2.7 billion. David Gottesman, CEO of First Manhattan Co. and a resident of Rye, has a net worth of $1.65 billion.
Bloomberg co-founder and Croton-on-Hudson resident Thomas Secunda has a net worth of $1.4 billion. Bedford resident and founder of Trian Fund Management, Nelson Peltz, has a net worth of $1.2 billion.
See Forbes' full list of billionaires here.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Is Reported Off Long Island
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Armonk
- 5 Armonk Player Helps Soccer Team Reach Quarters Of National Tourney