KATONAH, N.Y. -- Harvard University-educated psychiatrist and concert pianist Dr. Richard Kogan will give a lecture and concert on the great American composer George Gershwin on Tuesday, May 13, at 7 p.m. at the Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts.
The event will explore the psychological factors and medical and psychiatric illnesses that influenced Gershwin's creative output.
The lecture will be held in the Rosen House Music Room. This lecture is part of the Cultural Katonah lecture series.
The event will include performances of Gershwin masterpieces such as "Rhapsody in Blue" and "Porgy and Bess." There will be light refreshments before the lecture begins.
Kogan, a distinguished concert pianist and psychiatrist, has become known for his lecture/recitals that explore the influence of psychological factors on the creative output of composers. He has given these presentations throughout the world.
Kogan is a graduate of the Juilliard School of Music Pre-college, Harvard College and Harvard Medical School.
Tickets are $25 for non-members and $20 for members.
For reservations, email email@example.com or call 914.232.1252.
Visit caramoor.org to learn more.
- 1 Armonk's Offenberg Charged With Fraud In Assessment Scheme
- 2 Westchester County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 3 IRS Warns Armonk Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Mezzancello Wins North Castle Race By 22 Votes, Unofficial Results Show
- 5 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard