THE GYM of Armonk Hosts Membership Appreciation Day
Thursday, Nov 21, 2013 at 8:00am-9:00pm
99 Business Park Drive, Armonk, NY 10504, Armonk, NY 10504
On Thursday, November 21st, THE GYM of Armonk will be “spreading the thanks” by hosting a day of special offerings, guest instructors and new class showcases, all designed to show appreciation for the loyal members that keep THE GYM growing year after year.
With special membership options available and all guests admitted free of charge all day, members are invited to bring a friend to learn more about THE GYM. Breakfast and coffee will be served in the morning hours (between 8 and 11am) and lite fare along with wine and beer will be available in the evening (between 6-9pm). DJCATCH1 will be spinning the tunes on the fitness floor as well as in some of our group fitness classes throughout the day as well.
An exciting and exclusive Zumba Master Class with Oscar Gonzalez, International Master Fitness Instructor, will be open to members and non-members alike at 9:30am. This renowned instructor is best known for combining his party-producing skills along with his love of Broadway musicals, concerts and music videos to create a fun, high energy and unique Zumba experience. Gonzalez is a national and international Master Fitness Instructor, Professional Dancer and Choreographer for over 20 years who brings his Latin flavor and unique style to the East and West coast. He is well known in Manhattan and the Hamptons as the “Trainer to the Stars”, training such personalities as Supermodel Christy Brinkley, Warner Brothers Executive Producer, Mike Tadross, Writer and Cosmopolitan Editorial Director, John Searles, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts Executive Director, Mara Manus, FOX News Channel host and contributor, Dr. Georgia Witkin.
“It’s going to be a day for the record books!” said Jamie Nicastri, General Manager at THE GYM. “We are honored to have Oscar Gonzalez teaching a very special Zumba Master Class, and we can’t wait to showcase our new offerings to our members and their guests!”
THE GYM of Armonk has several new offerings that include:
• tG² Yoga @ THE GYM: The ultimate compliment to strength, cardio and conditioning work, tG² Yoga – “yoga to the highest power” – at THE GYM will bring an additional element of flexibility and mental focus to members’ fitness routines. A completely refurbished yoga studio, designed to enhance the yoga experience, includes fresh paint with a new color palette, a new stereo system and storage units, fountains, and benches. New lighting contributes to a softer feel throughout the room, and the seating area will feature a display of art and photography by local artists.
• Visual RPM: Each 55-minute Visual RPM class at THE GYM of Armonk will feature an instructor acting as a video DJ and putting together unique sets of music to make the spin workout more of a journey for the mind and body. Music videos, visually stimulating scenic videos, inspiring imagery of bike races and music-only sections will also be mixed in to give the classes a different and less predictable pace.
• Performance IQ: In this class at THE GYM, a wireless display will compile individual and group performance on to a single screen, enabling indoor cycling studios to offer new class programming and allow monitoring of your performance data including heart rate, calories, power, and RPM in real time using group display or an app. Different modes enable participants to isolate core metrics including:o RPM/Power Mode: View your cycling data in real time.o Heart Rate Mode: Track your heart rate % and calories.o Functional Threshold Power Mode: Track and view your power output in terms of Functional Threshold Power.o Online Performance Tracking: Track your past performance in studios.
• CoreAlign: With the installation of new equipment in the Pilates Studio, THE GYM invites you to check out the new CoreAlign® by Balanced Body, a system designed to improve posture, balance and functional movement patterns. By appointment only.
• In January of 2014, THE GYM of Armonk will be replacing the current cardio deck machines with all new equipment. These include: Life Fitness treadmills; elliptical machines, upright bikes and recumbent bikes. For questions or additional information about Member Appreciation Day and/or other offerings at THE GYM of Armonk, please contact Lisa G. at (914) 219.1601 or LGagliardi@GetToTheGym.com.
About THE GYM of Armonk
THE GYM is a complete lifestyle and fitness center, designed to promote healthy living in a first class atmosphere. Its unique approach integrates specialized training programs with nutrition and weight management counseling for total body conditioning and optimal fitness. THE GYM is known for its superior quality equipment, expert staff and special amenities, including a clothing boutique, juice bar, spa, child play area and unique health & wellness partnership conveniences. The staff's attentive service and the facility's array of programs and accommodations provide guests with a state-of-the-art experience.
Please visit www.GetToTheGym.com/Armonk or call (914) 219-1601 for additional information.
THE GYM of Armonk
99 Business Park Drive
Armonk, NY 10504
Partnership services located @ THE GYM include:
•ProClinix Sports Physical Therapy Chiropractic Wellness, PLLC (http://www.gettothegym.com/armonk/pro_Clinix.asp)
•Escape Spa & Wellness(http://www.gettothegym.com/armonk/escapeSpa.asp)