WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Celebrate the coming harvest, jam to tunes and more in Westchester County this Labor Day weekend.
1. Philipsburg Manor's CORNucopia in Sleepy Hollow on Saturday, Aug. 30 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Nosh on corn-based delicacies and take part in hands-on, corn-related activities at the Lower Hudson Valley’s only corn festival. Members and children under 3 get in free. Adult tickets are $16, senior tickets are $12 and children's tickets (ages 3-17) are $8. 381 N. Broadway.
2. SugarBad at the Peekskill Brewery on Sunday, Aug. 31 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Combining funk, rock, and soul SugarBad (formerly Juicebox) puts on a show to remember. This funk and soul band features anthemic vocals and horns, a powerful rhythm section, funky guitar and organ based grooves. Beer will be sold for $5. Free. 47-53 South Water Street.
3. Friday Night Jazz in Yonkers featuring Ossining's KJ Denhert on Friday, Aug. 22 at 6:30 p.m .
Yonkers' closes off its Friday Night Jazz Series with Ossining's own KJ Denhert, who will be sharing her urban folk and jazz music, paired with sultry vocals.. Free. 71 Water Grant Street.
4. New Rochelle Grand Market on Saturday, Aug. 30 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Shop fresh produce, meats, cheeses, charcuterie, artisan foods and micro-brewed beers at this farmer's market. Kids will stay entertained with arts and crafts and performers while you shop. Free. 1 Library Plaza.
5. Bronxville Farmers Market on Saturday, Aug. 30 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Browse what local farmers and vendors have to offer at this weekly event, which occurs rain or shine. Free. Stone Place at Paxton Avenue.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading this weekend and why in the comments below.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.