RYE BROOK, N.Y. – The Business Council of Westchester honored 40 of the county’s most outstanding young business professionals, presenting them with its coveted “Rising Stars” Awards on Thursday, June 16.
The awards were given to the Rising Stars’ Class of 2016 during a celebration and cocktail reception at the Atrium at 800 Westchester Ave.
The 2016 Rising Stars represent a diverse array of industries, including education, healthcare, law, finance, real estate development, public relations and marketing, among others. Maria Bronzi, Director of the Altium Alliance Branch of Altium Wealth Management and Chair of the Rising Stars program, oversaw the selection process.
As in previous years, the competition for the 40 spots was fierce.
“These exemplary young professionals have distinguished themselves through their talent, determination, leadership and commitment to the Westchester business community,” said Marsha Gordon, President and CEO of The Business Council of Westchester. “Their initiative, innovation and drive to succeed have gone a long way toward ensuring that Westchester remains the smartest county in the United States.”
The BCW’s annual awards ceremony is modeled after the national business recognition program “Forty under Forty.” The Rising Stars program is designed to recognize individuals under the age of 40 who exemplify leadership, foresight and a vision for the future of Westchester County. Winners were selected based on professional and/or entrepreneurial accomplishments, demonstrated leadership qualities and professional and/or business affiliations.
The 2016 Rising Stars are:
- Ariana Aguilar, Chief Development Officer, Port Chester Carver Center
- Christina Armentano Bowlby, Director of Human Capital Management, Paraco Gas
- Tiffani Blake, Dean of Students, The College of New Rochelle
- Dan Braude, Partner, Wilson Elser
- Jordan Brooks, Litigation Associate, Cuddy & Feder LLP
- Katherine Burstein McGinn, CFA Financial Advisor, Pell Wealth Partners
- Melissa Cebollero, Senior Director, Office of Community Services, Montefiore Health System
- Mark Cermele, Partner/Owner, Cermele & Wood LLP
- Robert Cordero, Partner, PKF O'Connor Davies LLP
- Lucinda Cross, President/CEO, Activate Worldwide Inc.
- Jennifer D'Ambrosio, Marketing Director, Today Media
- Joseph Delli Carpini, Branch Manager, Durante Rentals, LLC
- Jordan Garner, Associate, Leason Ellis LLP
- Kelli Knox, Director of Information Systems, Tommie Copper
- Abbey Kumar, Founder and CEO, Learn'ique
- Raj Kumar, Director of the PACT, Mercy College
- Christos Kyratsous, Associate Director, Infectious Diseases and Viral Vector Technologies, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Jacqueline Leahy, Communications Manager, HEINEKEN USA
- Tracey Lewis, Vice President Operations, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital
- Kevin Marbury, Vice President/Sales Manager, York International Agency LLC
- Sean McAllister, Chef de Cuisine, Castle Hotel & Spa
- Joseph McCoy, Regional Manager/Senior Vice President, People’s United Bank
- Marc Miller, Director, Marketing Partnerships, Westchester Knicks
- Dina Moss, Producer, News 12 Westchester
- Heather M. Oboda, CPA, MBA Tax Manager, Citrin Cooperman
- Jessica A. Proud, Co-Founder & Partner, The November Team
- Michael J. Reilly, DrPH, MPH Director, Center for Disaster Medicine, New York Medical College, Institute of Public Health
- Dr. Joseph Ricca, Superintendent, Elmsford Public Schools
- Jacqualine Rubbo, Director of Creative, Culture & Chaos, Yonkers Brewing Co.
- Hope Salley, Senior Account Executive, Thompson & Bender
- Patricia Simone, President, Simone Management Group, Simone Development Companies
- Gregory Slater, Portfolio Manager/Chairman of Investment Committee, Altium Wealth Management
- Lori Stawicki, Field Services Manager, Con Edison
- Meghan Taylor, Regional Director, Mid-Hudson Region, Empire State Development
- Adam Telem, Senior Counsel, Global Core Products and Solutions, MasterCard
- Samuel J. Wallis, Director of Programs, Yonkers Partners in Education
- Jonelle Elizabeth Ward, Director of Outreach, Alzheimer's Association, Hudson Valley Chapter
- Teresa S. Weber, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, Manhattanville College
- Adam Weiss, General Manager, Westchester Office, Atlantic, Tomorrow’s Office
- Heidi M. Winslow, Partner/Attorney, DelBello Donnellan Weingarten Wise & Wiederkehr, LLP.
Photo: Left to right, front row: Samuel Wallis; Teresa Weber; Jonelle Elizabeth Ward; Heidi Winslow; Patricia Simone; Jennifer D’Ambrosio; Melissa Cebollero; Jacqualine, Rubbo; Meghan Taylor; Christina Armentano Bowlby; Dan Braude; Mark Cermele. Middle row: Sean McAllister; Kevin Marbury; Joseph Delli Carpini; Adam Weiss; Ariana Aguilar; Hope Salley; Tiffani Blake; Lucinda Cross; Kelli Knox; Jacqueline Leahy; Jessica Proud; Abbey Kumar. Back row: Rajesh Kumar; Michael Reilly; Tracey Lewis Taylor; Dina Moss; Lori Stawicki; Joseph Ricca; Heather Oboda; Marc Miller; Jordan Brooks; Robert Cordero; Katherine Burstein McGinn; Gregory Slater; Christos Kyratsous; Joseph McCoy; Jordan Garner; Adam Telem.