ARMONK, N.Y. -- THE GYM of Armonk is celebrating National Yoga Month, a national observance designated by the Department of Health & Human Services designed to educate about the health benefits of yoga and to inspire a healthy lifestyle.
THE GYM of Armonk is one of 2,200 yoga studios that will be participating in 2013.
In addition to classes and workshops, the facility will have a two-hour lesson with 95-year-old yoga master, Tao Porchon-Lynch, on Sept. 24.
A yoga teacher for more than 45 years, Porchon-Lynch includes in her past French resistance fighter, model, actress, screenwriter, producer, championship ballroom dancer and wine connoisseur.
Tao’s workshops are interlaced with inspiring life stories from her childhood in India, and her years of study with many of India's yoga masters.
For a complete lists of classes and more information, visit THE GYM website or contact them at 914-219-1601.
- 1 Armonk's Offenberg Charged With Fraud In Ossining Assessment Scheme
- 2 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 3 IRS Warns Armonk Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 5 Vehicle Spinning Erratically On Lawn Among North Castle Police Calls